Our Strategic Directions
Key Messages & Priorities
- Offers direct support to second language teachers through our programs, products and services;
- Provides a professional networking community to second language educators and policy makers;
- Presents a pan-Canadian and global view of current second language education issues;
- Advocates on behalf of our members and second language teachers; and
- Plays an important leadership role in fostering and advancing professional excellence in the teaching of second languages in Canada.
CASLT Strategic Directions
The CASLT Strategic Plan provides a framework for program and services delivery. The Board of Directors has identified five strategic areas of focus incorporated to guide its strategic directions.
CASLT has established a 3 year strategic directions document that guides our activities and projects, which is reviewed and updated annually.
Our Strategic Areas of Focus
The strategic plan for the Association is based on the five identified strategic areas of focus:
- Membership Services;
- Professional Development;
- Resources Development;
- Communications and Connections.
Our Major Strategic Directions
Five major strategic directions have been identified for development and diversification. Based on the directions set in the strategic plan, yearly operational action plans are developed.
- Funding and Fundraising;
- Projects and Program Review, Selection and Implementation;
- Marketing and Media Relations;
- Organizational Capacity Building.