French as a Second Language
A Visit to the Canadian Museum of Civilization
Created by: Danielle Gagnon-Richard (Quebec)
Imagine - you and your family having been living in Canada for a few years, but some relatives are coming to visit from the United States.
They will be here in a few weeks and you are going to take them to Ottawa, the national capital.
You must prepare their visit to the Museum of Civilizations. You will go to the web site and plan the visit for the whole family:
- Grandpa: an employee at a retirement centre who also plays the violin;
- Grandma: a very elegant lady who always wears a hat;
- Mom: comes from an aboriginal family and is an artist;
- Dad: a history nut, especially on the World War II period;
- Derek: your 8 year old younger brother.