たなばたの話 – A brief explanation of the origin and meaning of the Star Festival.
People dressed in yukata at Tanabata
Valentine Day Music Videos and Lyrics
- Sukiyaka - Ue o muite arukō - by Kyu Sakamoto with lyrics in romaji and in English translation
- Love Letter by the BOA – Lyrics in romaji
- First Love - Hikaru Utada with lyrics in romaji, kanji and in English translation.
- Kiss Me Goodbye by Angela Aki with lyrics in romaji, kanji and English translation.
- Kiss Me Goodbye by Angela Aki with lyrics in romaji and English subtitles. Lyrics in kanji.
Orihime, Kengyuu, and Tanabata: Adapting Chinese Lore to Native Beliefs and Purposes – Article by Steve Renshaw and Saori Ihara on the Astronomy in Japan Web site.
Tanabata – A short simple explanation of the festival on the Japan-guide.com Web site.
Photos and Videos
仙台七夕まつり - photos of the Tanabata festival at Sendai.
Tanabata Festival 2007: Kanto Region – YouTube video on the largest Tanabata Festival in the Kanto region that takes place in the city of Hiratsuka.
Hiratsuka Tanabata Festival, Kanagawa, Japan – YouTube video showing the annual Star Festival held in early July in Hiratsuka, Kanagawa, Japan. Colourful streamers line the streets and a folk dance parade is held.
仙台七夕の作り方 – Illustrated instructions on making Tanabata decorations.