What We Do
Our PD & Events
CASLT Chez Vous (1 Day PD)
How to Organise
Organizing a CASLT Chez Vous is an effective way to deliver quality professional development training to your teachers and colleagues. Each year, CASLT posts suggested programs centered on a theme or topic that is current in second language education.
If you would like to partner with CASLT and act as the hosting body for a CCV, simply contact the CASLT National Office. You are encouraged to book early as we are limited in the number of CCVs we can provide per school year.
CCVS are selected based on locations with priority given to geographic locations that have not been served in the last school year, providing a pan-Canadian distribution, with special emphasis on under served and remote areas. Most often, only one CCV per province/territory can be held per year.
Who Does What?
- Cover the costs of honoraria, travel and expenses for a presenter. (Most often ratio is 1 presenter to 25 participants).
- Provide sample communication materials to advertise the CCV (flyer, letter to principal, registration and membership forms, etc) as required.
- Provide organizational and planning support to the Hosting Body.
- Coordinate and send participant packages, exhibitor display to the location.
- Advertise the event on its website and in all its publications.
Hosting Body will:
- Identify the location to hold the PD session and coordinate audio/visual equipment required (locations can vary from hotels, to university campuses to cultural centers).
- Make contact with potential local partners to sponsor some of the event costs.
- Advertise the event locally.
- Conduct the advance and onsite registration process and membership applications.
- Communicate changes, updates and final numbers to CASLT.
- Complete a reporting template to assist CASLT in evaluating its PD sessions.
- More than one presenter can be requested based on the number of participants. Costs for additional presenters are negotiated between CASLT and Hosting Body.
- The Hosting Body may consider applying for a local or provincial grant that would support the event and lower the participation fee for participants.
- The Hosting Body may choose to add other local presenters that they deem may complement their theme or highlight local activities.
- Sponsors can be approached to cover costs of the health breaks and lunch for participants (CPF Branches, Depts of Education, Publishers, etc). In some instances, lunch is included and in other instances, participants are responsible for the cost of their meal.
- For larger gatherings, publisher exhibits can help offset some costs.
- Costs of participant handouts can be sponsored, or be shared by CASLT and the Hosting Body.
- If costs for supply teacher coverage are required, it is important to recognize school boards or Departments of Education as partners in the delivery of the PD session.
- Finally, the registration can be provided free of charge to participants or at a nominal charge to cover membership fees, meals, printing costs, etc.
Book your CCV!
Book your CCV now by contacting our National Office at 1-877-727-0994 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.