CASLT CHEZ-VOUS (CCV)
A CCV is usually a one-day professional development session centred on a theme or based on the expertise of a selected presenter. A CCV aims to:
- Provide services to CASLT members regionally, focussing on professional development and growth of participants
- Increase motivation and understanding of current effective practices
- Support the application of effective research-based practices into daily teaching
A CCV is offered in partnership with a local organization. Hosting bodies can be a university, a provincial second language association, a school board, or the provincial or territorial department of education. CASLT works with the hosting body to ensure that the program of the day reflects the needs and interests of the participating second language teachers.
There are two types of CCV days: theme-based series reflecting current CASLT projects and research-informed innovative practices and the “Expert” series based on the presenter expertise, area of research or focus. CASLT workshop presenters are selected based on the topics requested by the hosting body. An Expert Series session would be negotiated with an appropriate CASLT member based on their availability.
The specific program of the day will be developed with the hosting body. Topics for CCV sessions can include:
- Literacy Strategies and the FSL Teacher
- Applications for a Common Framework and Portfolio for Languages
- Culture and la Francophonie
All CCV participants receive CASLT membership for the following year. When a Hosting Body is also a member-based organization, participants receive dual membership for both associations. The costs of membership are included in the CCV registration fees.